Enrichment Ordering System
Enrichment orders are placed through the Enrichment Ordering System on Inspiration Station.
At Inspire Charter School, we focus on Personalized Learning, a philosophy that truly puts every student first by supporting them in honoring and exploring their unique skills, special gifts, talents, and aspirations. Families and their teachers carefully select educational products, such as curriculum, technology items, supplemental enrichment materials, and field trip opportunities, as well as services, such as enrichment lessons and classes to fit their goals. Orders are approved by teachers and must be secular.
Personalized Learning occurs as a result of mutual respect between the parent who homeschools and a caring, supportive credentialed teacher. Every student is allocated a budget of Instructional Funds that can be spent on the student’s specific learning needs, under the approval of their teacher. Funds are paid directly to curriculum vendors and service providers.
Instructional Funds can be used to navigate an authentic and dynamic personalized learning pathway by paying for computers, high quality curriculum, tutoring, and enrichment activities.
For more information e-mail the Parent Advocacy Team at PAT@inspireschools.org or call Windi Eklund at 714-310-2213.
Some samples of products or services may include but are not limited to:
- Academic Enrichment Materials
- Technology Items*
- Educational Field Trips
- Fine Art Lessons & Classes
- Performing Art Lessons & Classes
- Academic Enrichment Classes
- Physical Education Classes
- Tutoring Services
- Driver’s Education Courses
- Cooking Classes
- Gardening Classes
- Reading and Writing Classes
- STEM Classes
*The Technology Acceptable Use Acknowledgement must be signed in order to receive the technology equipment. All families receive this form through email at the beginning of the year.
What are some things I can use my Instructional Funds for?
- Art supplies connected to enrichment classes or unit lessons in curriculum
- Novels, unit lessons, reading improvement programs, writing improvement, enrichment in literature, etc.
- Course work materials, such as academic textbooks, workbooks, curriculum materials, and learning software via online or CD
- Academic programs (online curriculum, homeschool curriculum, activities, etc.)
- Educational games related to math, science, English, STEAM, etc. (puzzles, bingo, vocabulary cards, flashcards, etc.)
- Activity kits related to core or extracurricular classes
- Physical Education and sport/athletic items if they are considered non-consumables. Examples include items such as balls, bats, nets, tennis rackets, and jump ropes.
- Rental equipment bundled with an enrichment service (music lessons, sport leagues, etc.)
- School technology equipment (i.e. laptop and printer) from school Tech Center
- Educational items
Inspire Charter School understands that each child is unique. Therefore, if there are special circumstances, such as a 4th grade student who is ready for 6th grade reading materials, please communicate with your Homeschool Teacher, so that the appropriate materials can be purchased. We work hard to accommodate each individual student’s needs.
What are some things I cannot use my Instructional Funds for?
- Anything labeled non-educational
- Any religious based products
- Any furniture, organizational products, storage, personal laptop case/bags, or household items
- Personal items such as uniforms, pads, shoes, cups, or mouthguards
- Any expenses involved in athletic or performing arts competitions including entrance fees or travel fees
- Large items such as bicycles and backyard trampolines
- Household products, yard equipment, clothes, and non-educational toys
What is the definition of consumable?
Consumables are items that the student completely uses up while they are enrolled with our school and therefore cannot be used by another student.
What is the definition of a non-consumable?
Non-consumables are items that can be used again by another student.
What are the non-consumable category groups?
All items in the following categories are considered non-consumable and must be returned as school property when you are done with them or when you withdraw from the school:
- Technology, Electronics, and Media (CDs/DVDs)
- Novels, Textbooks, and Teacher Manuals
- Science Equipment
- Math Manipulatives
- Musical Equipment
- Athletic Equipment
- Games and Puzzles
Can I use all of my Instructional Funds in one academic semester?
Funds are deposited into students’ accounts twice each school year. Parents/guardians can spend up to the current account balance at any given time.
If the student has roll over funds from the previous year, those can be utilized anytime.
How will I know when I run out of Instructional Funds?
You will be able to view your remaining balance when you log into your family’s Enrichment Ordering System account. Please contact your Homeschool Teacher for assistance.
Can I be reimbursed for any purchases I made through my own money?
No, the school cannot reimburse families for purchases made in the past, present, or future. All products/services need to be requested through the Enrichment Ordering System and the school will order and pay for materials/services.
Can I keep the products?
All items are purchased through the school with state education funds and are considered property of the school. Non-consumables need to be returned to the school office(s) when the student withdraws from the school. They may be returned earlier if the items are no longer needed for student learning.
How do I return our non-consumable items to the school?
You may hand the items back to your teacher at any meeting or at the end of each semester/school year. You may request a return mailing label from firstname.lastname@example.org or drop the items off at any school office. We ask that you please save up items until you have multiple items to return and only request a shipping label once or twice a school year.
What is the turnaround time for an Enrichment Ordering System order to be executed?
Order times vary due to the amount of orders being placed daily by families. Wait times can run up to 4 weeks. High peak order times are July-September and December-January. The school leaves ordering open all year.
Could I purchase my own laptop and printer outside of the Enrichment Ordering System and use my Instructional Funds for that purchase?
No, please select your technology from the school Tech Center.
How do I order student ink?
You can order ink through the Enrichment Ordering System as a product.
Why isn’t my requested vendor on the approved list yet?
Service vendors are required to submit an application for approval before they become an approved school vendor. Processing and approval is often dependent on how long it takes for a vendor to typically submit their completed application packet.
What if I would like to order products/materials from a vendor that is not on your approved vendor list?
That is not a problem! Product/materials vendors do not have to be pre-approved for you to order from them. Please place your order using “Other Product Vendor” and your vendor will go through the approval process as your order is placed.
Can I try a preferred vendor program and then switch back if it is not a fit for my child?
Yes. Please contact the preferred vendor directly to see if you can visit the program before enrolling, but if you do enroll and after a time decide that the program is not for your child, please contact the Family Liaison Team to help you decide what to do. You can email them at email@example.com. Enrollment in a program with a preferred vendor may impact your Instructional Funds.